Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 4 and all is quiet

Triscuit did spend the night in her normal place on my bed, purring happily and occasionally licking my hand, my cheek, my elbow, whatever she happened to be near at the time.

This morning she allowed Annie to get on the bed with us, and seemed mildly interested in her overtures, but when Annie got a little TOO close with her kissing, Triscuit smacked her across the nose and hissed. It was a different kind of hiss than the others, though, it wasn't evil, it was very matter-of-fact, more of a "I'm going to tolerate you but I'm not ready for that sort of familiarity, missy," sort of thing. Annie backed off, but didn't look as crushed as she had earlier, so I think she got the idea, too.

We lounged a bit, and after breakfast (in bed - best way to have it!), Triscuit decided it was time to check out other parts of the house. (Probably the litter box.) She had a bit of dilemma getting off the bed, because it seemed that all ways out were obstructed by dogs. Triscuit finally decided the best way off was OVER the dogs, and so she opted to leap across Annie, who was stretched out full-length along one side of the bed. No mean feat for a 17-year-old obese cat! She then trotted down the hall; the dogs wanted to follow. I told them, "No," and Annie stayed, but Sarah went down after Triscuit. I didn't hear any repercussions, so I suspect that either Triscuit had already gone downstairs or else Sarah kept her distance; in any case, Sarah came back down the hall a few minutes later and resumed her napping position.

Guess I'll go see what Pierre & Jasmine are up to! Ah, the fun they miss out on by being scaredy-cats...

No comments: