Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bath time!

When I picked up the dogs from John, he said to me, "Does Bill have a sensitive nose?" (He knows I don't.) I asked him why, and he said apologetically, "Sarah is kind of strong...she needs a bath but I didn't really realize how badly until she got in the car this morning." So I allowed as how I could do that. He kind of frowned and said, "Well, Annie will be good for you, but Sarah..." at which point I said, "John, have you ever given a cat a bath?!" He laughed right out loud at that and said, "Of course, I forgot who I was talking to!" and reminisced about giving one of his cats a bath once.

So this afternoon I figured it was time. After his warning, the whole thing was quite anticlimactic. They were both VERY good, and as a matter of fact, Sarah was even quieter than Annie was. When it was over, they both wanted to run and play (I remember our dogs growing up always wanting to do that), so we went outside...where it was raining. They didn't care; they were already wet.

However, Bill had just mowed the lawn this morning...so now we have clumps of grass all over the house. Oh, well, it needed vacuuming, anyway!!

On the cat front...Jasmine has been seen moving from one room to the other downstairs. The other two are still sleeping in the front window. I suspect this will last pretty much till the girls go home...

No comments: