Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 3

Well, it's been quiet so far today. Bill got up this morning to head off to the Poconos for his brother-in-law's 60th birthday party. (I hope the weather holds...) The girls still barked at him when he emerged but it didn't last nearly as long and sounded somewhat more like a greeting today. Must be they're getting used to him!

Had a nice long visit with the kitties this morning; Pierre was all hugs today (he's actually a very huggy cat normally, anyway; he's been known to get up on his hind legs and reach up like a toddler does when he/she wants to be picked up) and Jasmine actually came out of her corner. Triscuit was all "I'm busy sleeping, go away," but the other two definitely were up for some company. So I gave them a can of cat food (a treat for them) and we did some brushing and petting and they did a lot of purring. I told them if they wanted to come upstairs I would keep the dogs away from them, but they passed on that. Maybe later.

So I threw in more laundry (I still have about 6 or 7 loads to go. Seriously. I'm still catching up on costume things from the last show at Broadway and from cleaning out the ELT building.) THEN - I decided to explore the Wii Play game that I also bought when I got my Wii. (Well, heck, I wanted the extra remote and this was only 10 bucks more. Such a deal.) Very fun. Not quite as active as the Wii Sports or the Wii Fit (which I do not YET have), but there are a few things that require a bit of activity. I like the Billiards game, though I did not do particularly well, and there's a game where you ride a cow and try to knock down scarecrows which is a riot.

So then, more laundry, and now we're sitting on the deck eating cheese and crackers and fruit and watching the hummingbirds and listening to the house wrens that are living in the martin house. They have a beautiful song. There's a nice breeze, and it's so quiet and peaceful...ah, the joys of living in the country!

No comments: