Monday, June 30, 2008

Back to before

Well, the girls have gone home and it's quiet around here now. Funny how you can get used to having dogs around in such a short period of time! Though I suppose the cats never DID get used to them...

We spent several hours today getting things together from the shed and the garage for the current theatrical endeavors. Annie & Sarah were very interested in the shed and investigated every inch. Once they had sniffed each nook and cranny, Sarah lolled in the shade of the nearby willow tree and monitored my progress while Annie jumped in and out of the car to "help" me load the props & costumes I was gathering from the shed.

After we finished all that, it was time to play some Wii (!) and have lunch, not necessarily in that order. So we did, and the afternoon passed rather quickly; I suddenly realized it was time to head off to rehearsal! After rehearsal, I dashed home to gather up the dogs and take them back home, where John was anxiously awaiting them. I'm not sure if John was more delighted to see the dogs or if they were more delighted to see him, but it was a pretty happy reunion.

When I got home, I found Pierre and Jasmine lurking at the bottom of the steps. Pierre looked past me when I opened the door, and when he saw no canines following me, he dashed upstairs. Jasmine stayed below; however, I soon discovered that it was only because she was anxious for me to bring her "puff" back upstairs. So up it came, along with Jasmine, and at this very moment Pierre is kneading the pillow next to me and purring madly while Triscuit is contentedly settled on my lap. Jasmine is happy out on her "puff," and I guess that means all is right with the world.

No comments: