Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 2...

It was a quiet night, but it was also a bit disconcerting to be awakened by an all-over facial wash by Annie this morning. Triscuit will sometimes give me a bath, too, but a cat's idea of a bath is much more localized. AND it was at 7:15 a.m.! Doesn't John teach his dogs that Saturdays are for sleeping in?! (Of course not, actually, he works on Saturdays.)

So we got up and went outside, and then I went down and threw some laundry in. While downstairs, I checked on the cats. Pierre & Triscuit were happily snuggled on the cat bed in the front basement window, but Jasmine was nowhere to be found, still. Hmmm.

Went back to bed for a bit, but was awakened by the girls barking madly at Bill. Seems like anytime he walks around the house they bark at him! And they are quite protective of me...they won't let him near me. It's quite amusing, actually. So I decided to get up after a bit and make breakfast, which pleased them all immensely.

After breakfast Bill went downstairs and came back up to announce that he had seen Jasmine; she was in another window in the basement. I felt better knowing she had been sighted! But I have not been downstairs since; I think that perhaps I shall go down and see if I can find her, too.

Maybe some catnip is in order...

No comments: